- Kafka development training: Building on your basic knowledge, we deepen the experience and knowledge with Kafka.
- Recommended tools: We will explore tools that make everyday use of Kafka easier.
- Perfect combination of theory & practice: 40% knowledge transfer meet 60% practical exercises
This three-day development training is designed for Java developers and architects who want to get the most out of Kafka. Learn what it needs to develop software for and with Kafka. In the best possible way and together as a team. We focus on numerous practical examples to enable the participants to get started immediately after the training.
New fuel for your developers
The Apache Kafka-Mission
„Hello World“ with Kafka
We will learn the basic concepts of Kafka development and discover how to develop performant and reliable applications in the coding challenges.
- How do we produce and consume messages? Producers and consumers; first programming challenges.
- How do we develop reliable and performant applications? Performance tuning and transactions.
- What are the important tools? Introduction to all relevant development tools.
Stream Processing with Kafka Streams
In the numerous labs of the day, we develop services based on Kafka Streams: from simple stateless operations to complex services with local state.
- How do we connect Apache Kafka to third-party systems? Kafka Connect; development of own connectors.
- How do we develop using Kafka Streams? How do we transform Kafka from a simple message queue to a full-fledged streaming platform?
Ready for production
Based on what we have learned in the first two days, we will look at the components necessary for successful development, fluency and how to support our operators in production with Kafka.
- Patterns & Best Practices. How can we make our Kafka life easier, and which tools already exist?
- Kafka applications in production. What to watch out for and how can developers and administrators sleep soundly at night?
Online or 3 days on site + 1 team-after-call (60min.) after 2 weeks
- Good understanding of Kafka mandatory (e.g. from the fundamentals training).
- Programming knowledge (preferably Java, but other languages are also helpful)
- Modern browser & Zoom client
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Microphone + webcam
- Video conference-compatible internet
- Maximum 10 participants
Are you ready for your Apache Kafka mission?request an appointment
References & Feedback
Tolles Training mit vielen kleinen aber wichtigen Details auf die man sonst erst stößt, wenn man schon ein Problem hat.
Nationwide Building Society (Banking)
Anatoly explains Kafka in an engaging way with lots of interactive examples. Attend his trainings if you are looking for real Kafka knowledge
About Anatoly Zelenin
Passion, expertise and a slightly different approach – this is how I teach IT. My vision on the way: A better planet for all of us. Powered by innovative companies with a sustainable mindset.