From beginner to expert
- Kafka fundamentals: Experience Kafkas capabilities step by step.
- Improve your Kafka skills: Also for teams and businesses experienced in Kafka
- Perfect mix of theory and practice: 60% knowledge transfer + 40% practical exercises
In this two-day training, you will experience and learn Kafka in a way that enables you to use it successfully in your company directly after the training. Not only will you gain necessary theoretical knowledge but also practical experience in numerous exercises. The focus is not only to impart know-how, but also to promote the cohesion of the participants. This way you will achieve more together as a team.
The launch pad for your success
The Apache Kafka-Mission
We discover Apache Kafka and learn how to use it successfully. We cover the basics so that the participants can apply the new skills immediately after the training.
- Why Kafka? Motivation for Kafka and common use cases.
- What do we transport with Kafka? Message types and topics.
- Kafka as a distributed Log: Logs, distributed systems, Kafka components, Kafka as a streaming platform.
- How does Kafka achieve its performance? Partitions and consumer groups.
Understanding and using Kafka
Building on what we learned on the first day we deepen our knowledge and experience with Kafka. We learn how Kafka really achieves reliability and scalability and how to optimize our Kafka cluster.
- What happens inside clients and brokers? Producing and consuming messages
- How does replication work? Persisting messages; understanding Data and file structures
- How to delete old data? Cleanup Data; Log retention and compaction
- Insights into the Kafka ecosystem: Establishing connection to other systems like databases and external systems with Kafka Connect?
How and where?
Online via Zoom or 2 days on site + 1 team-after-call (60min)
- Experience with Linux (shell, editor, file permissions)
- Zoom Client
- Webcam & microphone
- Video conference-compatible internet
- Maximum of 10 participants
* recommended but not mandatory
Are you ready for your Apache Kafka mission?request an appointment
References & Feedback
Tolles Training mit vielen kleinen aber wichtigen Details auf die man sonst erst stößt, wenn man schon ein Problem hat.
Nationwide Building Society (Banking)
Anatoly explains Kafka in an engaging way with lots of interactive examples. Attend his trainings if you are looking for real Kafka knowledge
About Anatoly Zelenin
Passion, expertise and a slightly different approach – this is how I teach IT. My vision on the way: A better planet for all of us. Powered by innovative companies with a sustainable mindset.